As a registered member of this website, you are now a part of the Careers-Action Website Community. In addition to free access to the All New Job Seekers Bootcamp, you are able to access a vast library of resources and membership tools to help with your job search. Before jumping in please take a few minutes to read through the instructions below.
What’s The White Person On The Blue Circle?
Click on this and a pop-out menu of accessibility tools will appear that allows you to change the way in which the website appears. Give it a try.
On the left-hand side of the screen you will see a series of purple icons from top to bottom these are:
- Profile – this is your personal information dashboard and includes
- Profile – your first and last names and a nickname to be known by within the Careers-Action community.
- Timeline – a record of your actions in the Careers-Action community membership actions.
- Connections – the connections you have made with other registered members of the website and the requests you have to connect with other members of the Careers-Action community.
- Groups – the website has 27 employment sector groups. Please join the one or more that are appropriate to your career history or the group in which you are job seeking. You can then use the connection capability to engage with others in your groups. Great for sharing information and helping each other.
- Courses – the courses within the website that you are working on or have completed.
- Forums – a place for members to engage in discussion with those in the Careers-Action community.
- Email Invites – invite people to join the Careers-Action website and community.
Send and receive messages from others in the Careers-Action community
The website’s employment sector groups of which you are a member and any invitations to join other groups.
The Careers-Action community discussion Forum where you can create topics for discussion and post them for others in the community to read and comment upon. Create the forum if it is not already in existence. You can subscribe to a discussion and create your favourites.
- My Connections
This is a shortcut to the connections area of your profile where you can see your connections and requests to connect.
- My Courses
This is a shortcut to your enrolled courses on the Careers-Action website.
- Social Media Links
These shortcuts take you to the Careers-Action pages on
- Free Downloads – here you can download a job search record-keeping spreadsheet and a range of resources to help with your job search.
- Career Consultation – Contact us to request a career consultation.
- Milton Keynes Networking Groups Directory – This has been produced for many years and is an extremely useful aide to building your business network.
Not just events but a comprehensive guide to Free training courses, job fairs, CPD and much more. Listed in calendar format with details and how to book information.
- News Desk
Here you will find not just news relating to managerial and business professional job search but a huge library of information that will help you with your job search. The most recent articles are shown at the top and you can scroll down to find more by title. Please add your comments to the articles posted. The easiest way to use this reference library is to use the Magnifying Glass search tool at the top right of the website. Try it out for yourself, for example, if you want to find out more about LinkedIn for your job search type it into the search bar that opens when you click on the Magnifying Glass.
- Help Us
Here you will find ways to help fund Careers-Action. Please remember we rely upon donations so if you find the website, courses and information of help then please make a donation and support us in some of the other ways listed here Glass.
We have produced a range of Skeleton Guides to help you get to grips with aspects of your job search. These are not a replacement for the Job Seekers Boot Camp but more a complementary tool.