This is a face-to-face workshop (yes, with REAL people, in-person!)
During the workshop there will be the opportunity for networking with other like-minded people and hear from other business owners.
Who is this workshop suitable for?
Suitable for business owners who are thinking about getting a website, or those who have just started to put one together. Whether you are thinking of creating a website yourself or engaging a web developer, this workshop will help you to prepare for either route.
This workshop has been designed as a beginner’s guide for businesses focused on the subject of website development, (i.e. setting up a website for your business).
We’ll look at the principles and practices of developing a website for your business, covering topics from buying domains to Google ads.
This workshop will allow you the opportunity to ask questions and to discuss your ideas with others in the same position as you. Talking to others in the same boat can be great for building confidence and gaining some inspiration. Delegates find they leave with practical knowledge, new ideas and often some useful contacts too.
Audience Demographics and Website Domains
- Your target audience and their behaviours
- Domains, email, hosting, speed and https
BREAK / Optional networking time
Website Structure, Keywords, GDPR and Analytics
- Use of keywords, colours, and good site structure
- GDPR, cookies, compliance, and risk
- Analytics – measuring activity and results
LUNCH / Optional networking time
Website Building, Google Ads and Traffic
- Template-based DIY website building
- Pro and cons of different packages
- Google Ads (previously AdWords), pay-per-click, maps and traffic